Grade Extensions for Late & Incomplete Work

A professor may permit a student, who has not completed the requisite assignments for a course, to file for a grade extension (using a Grade Extension Form available from Enrollment Services).

Please note the following conditions:

  • The student must submit the completed grade extension form three weeks before the day of the final exam.
  • Any student may officially withdraw from a course up to four weeks before the end of the semester without receiving a failing grade.
  • In order for the extension to be official, the student must submit the form to Enrollment Services and then and pay a $30 fee (grade extension fees may not be charged to a student’s account unless there is a credit balance on the account)
  • The maximum time allowed for an extension is eight weeks from the last day of the semester. The professor may set an earlier deadline at his or her discretion. At the end of the eight weeks, the student will receive a final grade based on all work submitted at that time. College Students applying for a grade extension are not eligible for the Dean’s List that semester.
  • Students may not apply for a second extension of a course.
  • Students who file for grade extensions will receive the grade of “E” until the course is finished. An “E” grade counts as an “F.”