MAR- Biblical Studies
Students who satisfactorily complete the requirements for
the concentration in Biblical Studies will:
- Translate and exegete select Greek or Hebrew Biblical texts
- Describe and assess various perspectives on issues of Biblical criticism and interpretation, both historical and contemporary.
- Describe and assess how the Biblical text both reflects and transcends its cultural setting.
- Articulate the central thrust of each book of the Old or New Testament.
- Demonstrate special expertise in selected sections of the Old or New Testament.
- Complete graduate level research and writing in the field of Biblical Studies.
- Explain the role that Biblical exegesis plays in personal Christian growth, the development of competent leadership within the church, and the church’s ability to address the issues of the modern world.