Veteran Information

GI Bill for Post 9/11 Veterans

The Post-9/11 GI Bill went into effect on August 1, 2009.  Over the next ten years $78 billion is expected to be paid under the new GI Bill, the most comprehensive education benefit since World War II.  Many veterans who served after September 11, are eligible for discounted tuition and fees, including those who choose to attend private or graduate programs.

What forms do I need to submit to receive my education benefits?

If you have never applied for Educational Benefits, you will need the following:

  • DD-214           Discharge Papers (Certified Copy)
  • VA 22-1990    Application for Educational Benefits
  • DD-2384  Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) for members of Selective Reserve
    (See your Commanding Officer to apply for this document.)

If you have previously applied
for educational benefits, you will need the following:

  • VA 22-1995       Request for a Change of Location or Place of Training
    (only if you have previously used your Veterans educational benefits)

To get answers to your specific questions about VA benefits, please call 1-888-442-4551 or visit the US Department of Veterans Affairs website

For more information, please contact