Update From President Tracy
As you know, our plan for years has been to remodel Rine Hall. Our Education Department was already occupying the lowest level of the building (the old cafeteria/Eagle’s Nest), the Business Department was to claim the redesigned first floor of the building, and the top two floors were to be remodeled rooms for female students. We prepared for potential construction this past year, relocating all the residents from the dorm to other rooms across campus.
When I was appointed President of CCU, we reevaluated the Rine Hall project in light of our institutional needs. We examined our anticipated growth in potential enrollment, the ever-changing needs of today’s college students, and the standard of excellence upon which CCU stands. As such, we determined that renovating Rine Hall would not be the best stewardship of the funds entrusted to us. Our new plan is to build a new dormitory. The building will likely include a student center and will double the housing of the current structure, better meeting our long-term needs.
In light of this strategic change in the project scope, allow me to address some questions and concerns you might have.
• CCU will continue to honor the memory of our beloved alum Phyllis Rine by naming the newly constructed dorm building in her honor.
• All previous gifts made to this campaign will still be used for the original purpose: to honor the legacy of Phyllis Rine by providing female students a quality living environment.
• The plans for the new structure have not been finalized as of yet, but as soon as this information is available, we will share it with you.
• Due to safety concerns, we will level the current Rine Hall before students return this fall. Rest assured that all historical artifacts from the building will be archived and re-purposed appropriately.
• The iconic cross that has graced the building for decades will be preserved and reutilized in a way that honors our commitment to both our faith and our mission.
We appreciate your financial support for the cause of Christ through CCU, and specifically, through your gifts in honor of Phyllis Rine. If you have any questions or concerns with how we are proceeding with this project, we want to hear from you. You may call me personally at (513) 244-8492.
Thanks for your continued support of our mission,