CCU is committed to offering Mission and Service Learning opportunities to its students. Some of these trips happen yearly and others vary year to year.
A group of CCU students takes a trip to Birmingham, England over Spring Break. Birmingham is the second largest city in England and has been the first stopping-off point for newly arrived immigrants for decades. This creates a unique opportunity for students to experience many different cultures while also giving back to a community in need.
While on this trip, students:
- Learn some of the traditions and customs of other faiths as we interact with and serve alongside Sikhs, Muslims, and Hindus.
- Bring hope to a community through volunteering at the local schools where among 250 students, 42 languages are spoken.
- Discover a new way to appreciate food and immigration by taking a cooking class with immigrants from all over the world.
This trip will also provide students with the opportunity to see other places in the UK like London or Oxford. We will also squeeze in a football (soccer) match or two.
Ultimately, we take this trip to show you what it looks like when a community gets serious about coming together and partnering to bring hope. If you have any questions, or would like to know more, contact email@example.com.
For the past decade, Cincinnati Christian University and Celtic Christian Mission have worked together to lead student mission teams on Spring Break trips to Northern Ireland. The CCU/CCM teams work with the ministry of Murlough House to interact with young people in youth drop-in centers and to participate in other areas of ministry. Along with the ministry activities, the Northern Ireland team will interact with Irish culture, visit Irish castles, tour the C.S. Lewis sites of Belfast, and see numerous other points of interest in Northern Ireland.
For more information about Celtic Christian Mission, click here.
Each year, many of the missionaries of Europe gather for a time of fellowship, encouragement, and teaching at the Mid-Winter Rally in late December and early January. The CCU team assists these missionaries by offering classes for the missionary kids at the rally and serving the needs of the missionaries there.
For questions about joining the CCU missions team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toronto, ON (Canada)
The 2017 Fall Break service learning trip to Toronto focused on learning how the refugee resettlement processes are different in Canada and the United States. Participants encountered and reflected on the ways in which the government asked citizens to step forward and sponsor refugees through a voluntary system of resettlement.
Living in a conservative Hindu country, Christians in Nepal are isolated and frequently persecuted. This trip will allow CCU students to encourage their Nepali brothers and sisters during a conference in a remote Himalayan village that no foreigner has ever visited. We will be prayer walking, sharing in worship, teaching Bible lessons, and running a VBS. Students will benefit by learning about Hinduism, Nepali life and culture, and fellowshipping with Nepali believers while becoming more passionate about the Great Commission.
On this May 2017 trip, CCU students joined with Ryan and Maggie Warmuth (CCU Alum and current missionaries to Napal) to:
- Encourage isolated and persecuted Christians.
- Teach Bible lessons to Nepali children and adults.
- Worship, teach, and learn alongside Nepali Christians.
- Visit remote villages as well as the capital city, Kathmandu.
- Visit sites such as: Hindu temples (Pashupatinath, Durbar Square), Buddhist temples (Swayambunath), local eateries, the Himalayan mountains, roadside markets, and experience daily Nepali life.
For pictures of the Warmuths in Napal, click HERE.
In May of 2018, CCU will be taking its first trip to Haiti in partnership with Northwest Haiti Christian Mission (NWHCM).
Northwest Haiti Christian Mission endeavors to passionately pursue Christ and express his love while empowering Haitian people to do the same. CCU will come alongside NWHCM to achieve this mission by:
- Completing construction, painting, and maintenance projects
- Hosting a VBS and childrens sports camp
- Aiding in community development
- Taking part in evangelistic and revival efforts
For questions about CCU's upcoming trip to Haiti, contact email@example.com.